Saturday, September 5, 2020

3D Week 02 (Minecraft-ish Level)

    For this weeks project, we had the task of creating some Minecraft blocks, (12 year old me is finally living his dreams) and making a scene with them. I'm always fall deeply in love with snow worlds in games, so naturally I decided to make a small winter wonderland. We begin our 3D art journey again by making some very impressive beveled Cubes (It took me way too long to spell beveled because its so late). Take a second to bathe in their beauty because it's about to get crazy, we're adding textures!!!


One of my favorite tool is the UV editor, Its basically clothe patterns but for 3D models, and that's exactly where we are headed today. I went into the UVs for the cube and set them up in a way that facilitates the texture process.


The texture you see in the UV editor where drawn in Photoshop as pixel art. We were only required 3 different cubes, but as you can see here, I have no self control so I made a couple more. Life is too short, make more cubes.




The next step was to import all meshes and texture into UE. Each block was an instanced material. I also played around with making the ice blocks shinny, while keeping other blocks very Matt.
I tried to have a blue tint to with all my blocks so that they look cohesive in my level. 


I took several hours living my best life and placing these blocks. It was honestly such a fun experience. If I didn't have other home work I would've spent so many more hours making a bigger structure, but over all Im happy with the final outcome.

Here it is:

Ad here is some game play shots:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprint #5 Delivery

  Sprint #5 Delivery For this sprint I planned pure QA, I wanted to add as many fixes as possible. Not only did I add blends to the animatio...