Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Week 02 - Use of Silhouettes

 This weeks assignment was incredibly fun and honestly relaxing. We had to create 9 silhouettes of ships by modeling them in Maya first, and then transferring them all to Photoshop to make a board.

I began with the reference from PureRef, and added some references of my own. I like really round shapes when it comes to ships, so I included a couple of ships I like, some coming from Startrek, Starwars, and even some references from last weeks project.


This was the original ship that was given to us. I used this as a base to modeling my ships silhouettes, and to do that I used a collection of simple shapes, and also by turning off the lights in the scene. 

In the end, here is what the outcome was! I was very pleased with the outcome and they were super relaxing to create. I tried to get a variety of sizes and shapes, and also themes. I also tried to keep them as minimal as possible while still being a solid design. 

The ship G,D,A,  are all fast ships with ludicrously big blasters, and have some animal theme to them. Ships H,E, and B are my fast ships, E being more of a fantasy ship. Finally, ships I,F, and C are  ships I designed with a water theme, or basically ships that would be better suited for under water travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprint #5 Delivery

  Sprint #5 Delivery For this sprint I planned pure QA, I wanted to add as many fixes as possible. Not only did I add blends to the animatio...