Thursday, September 17, 2020

Week 03 - Use of Value and Contrast

     This week Assignment consistent of using passes from an Arnold render to create an illustration, we used the .exr files along with solid color layers, gradients, and other techniques to create value, occlusions, and shapes.


First I began with the beauty pass, This served as my base. It held most of the information I needed


I decided to use these images are reference, the monochromatic look really called out to me. 

I used the ID pass for easy selection, as well as the occlusion pass, and the red channel as the base shadows.




This was the final result, I tried to make it like a comic book render, and stuck to the monochromatic look. Although the process seems pretty useful, and I will be taking some techniques for the future, it wasn't my favorite way of illustrating. It wasn't as easy to push the drawing or be loose with it. It feels like its constricts you to what it shows pretty early on. I prefer to be more loose with my illustrations and add as I go, and that's when I come up with better Ideas. Although I didn't particular like this process, Im happy I got to go through it and learn new skills that can be translated in other ways. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprint #5 Delivery

  Sprint #5 Delivery For this sprint I planned pure QA, I wanted to add as many fixes as possible. Not only did I add blends to the animatio...