Friday, October 9, 2020

Module 2 Week 07 Homework

 

Module 2 Week 07 Homework

This week we continue on our crate journey from last week, but this time we will be Jumping into texturing the crate, and presenting it professionally.

I began where I left off last week, with the low poly crate into substance. This I began my texturing process.

With a combination of layers, masks, and effects, I textured the crate to my liking, made sure to also add some distress for visuals.


For experimental reasons, I grouped all my layers and made it into a smart material. 


I took my textures and exported them with the UE4 preferences.


I tested out my textures in photoshop before UE4 to make sure they were fine.


Finally, I imported both the low poly mesh into UE4 as well as the textures from before. With the new textures I made a simple material and applied it to the low poly mesh.


Here we have the fully textured crate.


It was time to present them professionally, so with the use of an infinity wall, new lighting, fog effects, and crate placement, I began the process.


I added some dirt specs to the camera, as well as grain, and played around with some other settings. Afterwards, I created a camera sequencer and keyed my camera in three locations to produce a full view of the crates.

Here are the final shots:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprint #5 Delivery

  Sprint #5 Delivery For this sprint I planned pure QA, I wanted to add as many fixes as possible. Not only did I add blends to the animatio...