Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Week 06 - Use of Perspective

 

Week 06 - Use of Perspective


This week is all about Perspective. I went trough the same pipeline as last week but this time creating three pieces in the 1, 2, and 3 point perspective. 

I really wanted to continue with round buildings and a cool color pallet, the image with the white buildings on the green grass really called my eye, and I also wanted to take inspiration from Star Wars.

I decided to make 5 buildings instead of 4, I made sure to make them long and thin long pieces, as well as have strong silhouettes so that the stand out in the fore ground and background. The floating pieces also added a nice futuristic touch. 

Here are the five buildings rendered. The blue lighting was already giving me the clean and calming feeling that I was trying to portray.


After modeling the buildings, I exported them as an FBX, and imported them into the lit file from last week that mostly everything set up.


I filled my scene with the buildings and mountains from last week, lit the scene, and added color to the buildings.


And finally I got to rendering after setting up the cameras for each perspective. I ended up rendering a beauty pass, a object pass, a toon line shader, and a occlusion pass for each.

Here is my 1-point perspective:


Here's my 2-point perspective:


And finally, here is my 3-point perspective. This one was particularly fun because I got to really exaggerate the focal length to achieve the look.


I finally decided to paint over the 2-point perspective. The colors and feeling reminded me of the movie "Castle In the Sky", so for this I imagine a long forgotten city above the clouds on some mountain top. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprint #5 Delivery

  Sprint #5 Delivery For this sprint I planned pure QA, I wanted to add as many fixes as possible. Not only did I add blends to the animatio...